We don’t need to tell you that a lot has changed in the past few months, but one thing has stayed firm – our approach to hospitality. Our mantra has always been; “A home to you, but a hotel to us” and if anything this attitude has only deepened.
We have always strived to create a relaxing environment in a professionally run hotel and that’s never been more important. To ensure we live up to this, we’ve added some new measures. Here’s a quick overview of what’s new:
Our Housekeeper Ankica was always fastidious about cleanliness (she won Housekeeper of the Year in 2019) but her commitment to hygiene has only deepened. So here’s what she’s organised on top of her normal rigorous routine:
- Enhanced Public Space Cleaning: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection, especially in high-traffic areas like loos, lifts, and corridors. You will also notice hand sanitising stations throughout the public spaces of the hotel, please use regularly.
- Social Distancing Practices: You’ll see signs and shields throughout the hotel promoting physical distancing and encouraging guests to follow social distancing recommendations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Everyone working at the hotel wears the appropriate PPE for the job they are doing. Our Team might look a bit different but their smiles are still there, just a little bit hidden by their masks. We’ll ask you to wear your masks in communal areas of the hotel but please wear your smiles throughout.
- Guest Rooms: Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every departure. Throughout your stay, as part of YOUR Choice (Marriott’s Housekeeping Cleaning Frequency Program), your room will be cleaned every day. If you would like to limit the contact between you and our housekeeping team and prefer not to have this daily service, just let us know. A complimentary pack containing masks, sanitiser spray and wipes will be left for you in room.
- Temperature Screening: All of our colleagues, suppliers and contractors have their temperature taken before entering. If you would like to check yours please ask a member of staff.
- Electrostatic Spraying: It may look like a scene from Ghostbusters but as an extra level of precaution we use electrostatic sprayers with hospital-grade disinfectants throughout the hotel.
- NHS Test and Trace: To participate in this service, in order to comply with Government guidelines, please scan the QR code displayed throughout the hotel when you arrive and follow the instructions. Please note you will need to have downloaded the NHS COVID-19 app first.
You’ll notice QR codes around the hotel this is to avoid personal contact. Simply scan to view and a member of the team will come and serve you. Menus are shorter than normal but don’t worry the ingredients and cooking are both to our normal high standards.
Food & Beverage Opening Times have changed to comply with the current Government restrictions.
We can’t serve you in public spaces after 10pm, but we can send food and drinks to your room. A range of ‘Night Caps’, salads and pizzas are available, simply scan the QR code in your room.
Breakfast: 6.30am until 11am
All day dining: 12pm until 10pm
11am until 10pm
Our Tea Lounge will reopen on 4th November but Afternoon Tea is still available in our Library between 12pm and 5pm
Available 24 hours
E-Newspapers: For hygiene purposes we’ve removed all newspapers and magazines, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to read, it’s just that it’s all digital. To access our Digital Entertainment Platform simply follow the link below and enter the password.
Gym: For your comfort and safety we are limiting the number of guests using the gym at any one time. All we ask is that you book your slot in advance with Reception.
Concierge service: Our Concierge team is happy to assist you with any restaurant recommendations, tour tickets or anything else you need while exploring London – there’s still a lot going on. We recommend you book your tickets in advance by contacting our Concierge team at email@example.com.
Cashless payment: We’ve become a cash free zone, but of course we accept most major credit and debit cards as well as Apple and Google Pay.
Laundry service: Laundry forms are located in your bedroom. Please contact Housekeeping before 9.45am for same day return.
We all know the importance of social distancing and this app available to all Marriott Bonvoy members, helps with just that.
- Mobile Check-in: We really want you to use our mobile check-in, as this reduces the time you spend checking-in. You will need to enable push notifications to get your “Room is Ready” notification.
- Mobile Check-out: Check-out via the Mobile App and skip the desk. You will receive a digital copy of your invoice by email.
- No room key: Turn your phone into your key. How clever is that?
- Mobile Chat: Keep in contact with us from anywhere at any time. Mobile chat is available from up to 48 hours before the day of arrival until 24 hours after your departure.
- Mobile Guest Requests: Use the app to let us you know what you’d like and we will deliver it to your room.
If you are not a Marriott Bonvoy member yet, why not join today? please enrol here.
Our safety procedures include:
- Guidance on capacities and room layouts to ensure effective distancing.
- Temperature screening available for all delegates.
- All communal areas, high touch points and washrooms cleaned every 30 minutes.
- Electrostatic spraying of meeting rooms and breakout areas over night.
- Masks, gloves and sanitiser as standard.
- Food and beverage options to ensure safety of all delegates without compromising quality.
- Our Team will be on hand to assist your meeting and event, it’s just they might look a bit different in their masks, but they’re just as helpful.
If you need anything the best way to let us know is by contacting our Hotel Operator on (0) or chat with us via the Marriott Bonvoy App.